Affordable PACS servers for veterinary practices
From just $6900 ex GST complete.
Have you purchased or are you considering the purchase of a digital x-ray system?
Then you need a PACS!
PACS stands for Picture Archiving and Communications System, a package of software whereby images are stored and transmitted between a central server and workstations.
PACS technology not only allows X-Ray imaging to be reviewed, edited, manipulated and exported but more importantly provides your practice with a central archive providing additional security for your medical imaging records.
The Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association (ASAVA) Manual of Hospital Standards and Accreditation 2011 states that medical records must be kept long enough to comply with state and federal regulations and recommends 7 years.
If you are relying on the standard computer supplied with the digital x-ray system or ad hoc DVD burning then you may be risking compliance with this regulation.
The affordable PACS includes:
Fujitsu Business Class PRIMERGY Server. The FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY range offers maximum performance, best extendability and highest availability without any compromises.
- Intel® Xeon® processors with 16GB memory standard, expandable up to 1536GB
- GPU card support.
- 10 extension slots and redundant power supply enable top availability levels and excellent extendability options to future proof your purchase.
Includes up to 3 years Fujitsu manufacturer supplied on-site warranty.
- Hot swappable 1TB or 2 TB drives. Replace full drives without turning off the server, take one drive home to provide additional offsite security. RAID controller to ensure replication of key image data.
- Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
- External USB backup drive.For immediate restoration of key data in the event of server or power failure.
- Wide screen HD monitor! Review images directly at the server as you need.
- Full server and PACS configuration for your network.
- Free open source image viewing software for all your workstations – Mac or Windows.
- Digital x-ray manufacturers recommend direct viewing for digital images.
- Remote desktop or browser based viewing loses essential resolution.
- Optional configuration for remote access to images via smart phone or tablet.
- Optional cloud based remote backup.
We can also cater to your other computer needs:
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems (UPS)
- High Resolution Monitors
- Data Recovery from failed or damaged Hard drives
- Networking requirements
The fine print. Price based on entry level 16GB server with 1TB HD’s. All prices and specifications subject to availability and change without notice. EOE.